I hope you and your family are well and managing with this new world as it emerges. The unknown and unpredictable nature of our current world is creating lots of anxiousness. You may be trying to comfort your children, find activities to keep them occupied and make sure sure that they are physically distancing. You may be concerned about friends and family with compromised immune systems. You may be attempting to manage your own worry about “what next.” All while trying to locate toilet paper.
Yesterday, my daughter and I decided to make a video of our favourite board games to share with other families. (She did the filming!) It was our way of having some fun while connecting with community online.
We hope that in these unfamiliar days, it might give you some new ideas of things to do together.
You can view the video here.
If you are curious about what games we chose, but don’t want to watch the video, here they are:
- Outfoxed – cooperative game for 2 to 4 players. Ages 5+
- Forbidden Island – cooperative game for 2 to 4 players. Ages 10+ (but I’ve played with our 6 y.o.)
- Qwirkle – 2 to 4 players. Ages 6+
- Rummycub – 2 to 4 players. Ages 8+
- Azul – 2 to 4 players. Ages 8+
- Tiny Towns – 1 to 6 players. Ages 14+ (again, played with our 6 y.o. with modified rules)
- Anomia – 3 to 6 players. Ages 5+